Agency Assistant Bookkeeping
Foy Insurance is looking to add an experienced and trustworthy assistant bookkeeper to their accounting department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for accounting duties for all eleven locations of the corporation. The job responsibilities can include account currents, deposits and reconciliations, and payables/receivables. This is an entry-level position.
Current Team Responsibilities:
1. Payroll and HR through leasing company for 100 employees
2. Account payable to vendors
3. Account receivables
4. Client invoicing and statements
5. Insurance company statements – account currents and direct bill statements
6. Bank deposits and reconciliation of accounts for each office
7. Problem-solving for each office, manager, and account
8. Booking commissions to producers
9. Tax filing for Surplus Lines policies in various states
10. Training employees to do such things as agency billing and cash sheets
- 1 – 5 years experience or equivalent education in accounting; experience with an emphasis in insurance strongly preferred AMS360 or other insurance industry management system knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to be bonded
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to work consistently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize at a high level
Foy Insurance is proud to offer its employees a competitive package of health insurance, dental and eye insurance, and retirement planning options.
Salary will be commensurate with your experience.
Foy Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the federal anti-discrimination laws. Candidates will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.