You’ve got to have it—now what?
In most states you are required by law to carry auto insurance. So you may not think it makes a difference if you get it from a talking lizard, a comic spokesperson, or a locally owned independent insurance provider like Foy Insurance with the choice of multiple insurance companies.
If all insurance is alike, what difference does it make where you get your coverage—just shop around for the best price, right?
There is a Difference
At Foy Insurance we’ve seen our share of accidents. But out of all the claims we see on a daily basis, few are as frequent, or as potentially life changing, as accidents involving an automobile.
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you think you’re bargaining for when there is a loss.
While most insurance products are similar in price and overall function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
What’s Auto insurance for, anyway?
Automobile insurance is used to protect you against expenses you may not otherwise be able to afford if you are involved in an automobile accident. The automobile policy is a combination of several individual types of coverage’s. At Foy Insurance, we work with you to determine what best fits your unique situation. We want to help you understand how to make the best insurance decision, reducing the chance of a financial loss in your life. How do we accomplish this? Foy Insurance employees are knowledgeable, friendly professionals that work closely with some of the best insurance companies in New England to provide our clients with competitive prices and choice. This combination has served the Foy clients well for over 100 years.
Discounts or special coverage offered by some of the insurance carriers we represent. Let your Foy Insurance professional know which discounts or special coverages are important to you and they will let you know if they apply to you or your insurance carrier.
- Multi-Policy – Combine your auto, home, umbrella, motorcycle, boat, or recreational vehicle and receive up to a 30% discount
- Non-Smoker – Up to 10% savings for not using tobacco
- Education – Savings for those with college degrees and students with a B or better average
- Multi-Car – Up to 30% discount when more than 1 car is on your policy
- Loss Free – Varying savings for number of years loss free
- Prior coverage – Those with six months or more of prior continuous car insurance
- Pay in Full – If you can pay your entire premium you could save up to 10%
- Advanced Quote – If you get a quote at Foy 7-30 days prior to your renewal
- Hybrid Vehicle Discount– You must own or lease a hybrid car
- AAA – Member discount (varies by state)
- Snap Shot – Available through Progressive Auto Insurance – snapshot offers discounts up to 30% depending on your driving habits.
- Accident Waiver – Waives the surcharges associated with an at fault accident
- Disappearing deductible – A portion of your deductible disappears every year you are loss free
- Replacement Car – Replaces your car with a new car of same model year or newer. Available on brand new model years only
- Glass Deductible waiver – Waives the comprehensive deductible
- Original Equipment Manufactured Parts Guarantee (OEM) – Guarantees the use of OEM parts for a number of years past the state requirements
- Young Adult Safe Driver – Young drivers with clean driving records get greatly reduced rates
- Roadside Assistance – Expanded towing and labor coverage
- Loan/Lease GAP – Provides payment for the GAP when your car is a total loss and your loan exceeds the value of your car
Actual coverage, discounts, and special coverage options vary from carrier and state auto programs. Remember, the lowest priced insurance might not be the best insurance after a loss. Take the time with a Foy Insurance professional to learn more about your insurance options.
Keep in mind that you can’t buy insurance after you have an accident. Therefore, you should think carefully about the position you want to be in if you should ever be in an accident.
This means you should try to think of your auto insurance as a shield.
Our main job is to make sure your shield can withstand as much damage as possible for the most reasonable cost. That means you won’t have to pay out of pocket for repairs or expenses, but it also means making sure your assets and income are protected in case you’re at fault and there’s a lawsuit.
What’s auto insurance for, anyway?
Insurance protects you and your assets in case of loss, injury or damage; either caused by you, or by someone else. Auto insurance usually consists of the following protections:
- Liability – in case you are found at fault for bodily injury or property damage
- Collision – in the event of your car is damaged by a collision
- Comprehensive – if your car is damaged by anything other than collision
But additional protection may include:
- Medical Payments if you have to pay on an injury for yourself or a passenger
- Uninsured Motorist Protection—because even though the law says auto insurance is typically mandatory, that doesn’t mean that everyone will have it or carry enough to cover the loss.
- Rental car expense after a loss.
The Foy Insurance Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for when there is a loss.
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance companies are very different when it comes to structuring a auto policy that covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
We live in your community. We protect people we know and care about, and that means we look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive. It is important that our insurance carriers understand the insurance needs in our communities. We consult with our carriers to offer insurance options that you can select for your particular needs and coverages that are unique to our communities.
Click on the quote button now and let the professionals at Foy Insurance help you protect the things you care about most.