Your Home Is Important Investment, Make Sure It’s Protected
You have to ask yourself…
What would happen if a disaster struck your home tomorrow? Are you confident you’re properly covered for damages and total loss? Would you be required to pay some or all the repairs out of pocket?
These questions are crucial to address, because you can’t get insurance after a disaster strikes—and that can happen at anytime. More importantly, when you’re facing a crisis, you’ll feel less pressure knowing:
- Your representative took the time to make sure you have the right protection
- Your insurance carrier has your back.
- You independent insurance agent at Foy Insurance will be your advocate when you have a loss
What is Home Insurance?
Home insurance covers the hazards that most homeowners face—everything from fire to theft, hurricane to accidents on your property. When a loss occurs, you will file a claim with your insurance carrier and are paid for the expenses, minus any outstanding deductible amounts.
Insurance also covers personal liability exposures on and off premise, to protect you from many situations that could lead to lawsuits from others.
For instance, if someone slips and falls in your home, or is injured somewhere on your property, you can be held responsible. Liability coverage is there to protect you.
You could also potentially need insurance to protect you from:
- Storm damage, fire, windstorm, lightning and hail, to name a few.
- Dog bite liability (standard liability may not be enough if your dog bites someone or causes them to become injured, so consider your pets carefully) Always contact your agent prior to getting a dog to make sure the breed or mix of breed will not be an issue.
- Manufactured or Mobile home coverage
- Trampoline or swimming pool liability insurance. Always discuss underwriting issue with pools & trampolines
- Wind damage
- Flood damage
- Sewer or septic backups
- Equipment breakdown and service line
- Replacement cost for personal property
- Business in home or office in the home. Discuss this exposure with your Foy representative.
- Umbrella liability insurance
When you see an independent insurance agent at Foy Insurance, you have the chance to explore and discuss all your options for insurance, and protect the things that are most important to you.
Little known facts about Homeowners Insurance
There are many things about insuring a home that most consumers aren’t aware of. We are here to make sure you avoid potential problem areas, including:
- Most policies will not cover sewer back-up unless you purchase a special endorsement—it’s not expensive, but you won’t get it if you don’t ask for it
- Damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface of the ground aren’t usually covered
- A standard Homeowners policy does not include Flood Insurance
- A standard homeowner policy only covers jewelry up to set limits if the loss results from one of the perils named on the policy. Consider scheduling items on your policy to increase the insurance coverage
- Many policies default to actual cash value, which means if you purchased a widescreen TV and home theater system for $1,000, it may now only be worth $450, so that’s all you’ll receive on the claim. Just like the dwelling limit mentioned above, replacement cost on personal property pays out the total replacement value of your possessions, not their market value, in the event of a claim.
- IMPORTANT: You can combine your Home and Auto policies (and others) for even more savings. Savings can be as much as 25%.
What type of Homes do we Insure?
- Frame houses – HO-3 and HO-5
- Manufactured homes
- Mobile homes
- Secondary and Seasonal homes
- Apartment or other homes you rent
- Homes you rent to others
The Foy Insurance Difference
You may think you want the least expensive home insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for when there is a loss.
While most insurance products are similar in price, insurance companies are very different when it comes to structuring a home policy that covers your home and belonings. The is never so true when tailoring a insurance policy for your home.
We live in your community. We protect people we know and care about, and that means we look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be affordable and responsive. It is important that our insurance carriers understand the insurance needs in our communities. We consult with our carriers to offer insurance options that you can select for your particular needs along with coverages that are unique to our geographic area.
Click on the quote button or complete the contact form and let the professionals at Foy Insurance help you protect the things you care about most in your home.