What would happen if a disaster struck your home tomorrow? It is important to consider if your current insurance policy is enough to cover you in a total loss and protect you from out of pocket expenses.
These questions are crucial to address, because you can’t get insurance after a disaster strikes—and that can happen at anytime. More importantly, when you’re facing a crisis, you’ll feel less pressure knowing:
- Your representative took the time to make sure you have the right protection
- Your insurance carrier has your back.
- You independent insurance agent at Foy Insurance will be your advocate when you have a loss
What is Home Insurance?
A home insurance policy covers the hazards that any homeowner faces. This can include losses resulting from fire, theft, hurricane, and accidents on your property. In the event of a loss, you will file a claim with your insurance carrier for them to pay the loss expenses after your deductible amount.
Your homeowners policy also covers your personal liability. This coverage protects you from situations on and off your property that could result in a lawsuit filed against you. For example, if a visitor slips and falls on your property, they can hold you responsible and file a suit against you. Liability coverage would help protect you here.
Each homeowner policy can be customized to fit your specific needs. Some of our most popular additions are as follows:
- Dog bite liability (standard liability may not be enough if your dog bites someone or causes them to become injured, so consider your pets carefully) Always contact your agent prior to getting a dog to make sure the breed or mix of breed will not be an issue.
- Trampoline or swimming pool liability insurance. Always discuss underwriting issue with pools & trampolines
- Wind damage
- Flood damage
- Sewer or septic backups
- Equipment breakdown and service line
- Replacement cost for personal property
- Business in home or office in the home. Discuss this exposure with your Foy representative.
- Umbrella liability insurance
When you see an independent insurance agent at Foy Insurance, you have the chance to explore and discuss all your options for insurance, and protect the things that are most important to you.
Little known facts about Homeowners Insurance
There are many things about insuring a home that most consumers aren’t aware of. We are here to make sure you avoid potential problem areas, including:
- Sewer Backup Exclusions: Most home policies don’t cover the damage caused by a sewer backup unless you have a special endorsement
- Surface Water: A typical policy will not cover damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface of the ground
- Flood Insurance: A standard home insurance policy does not cover losses resulting from floods – if you are in a flood zone or want this coverage, we can guide you through purchasing this type of coverage
- Jewelry Limits: A home insurance policy typically covers specific loss of jewelry up to a certain limit unless the items are specifically listed on your policy
- Replacement cost on Contents: You may receive less money than what it would cost to replace an item at the time of a loss since if your policy does not include this coverage. Contents would be settled on an actual cash value ‘the market value’ of your items at that time rather than their replacement value
- Earthquake: This coverage is never included and must be endorsed onto your policy. Take a moment to understand the deductible that applies for this type of loss.
- There are many exclusions on a homeowners policy and if you own something that is important to you please discuss those items with us to see if coverage exists or can be added to your policy.
- IMPORTANT: You can combine your Home and Auto policies (and others) for even more savings. Savings can be as much as 25%.
At Foy Insurance, we offer policies for a multitude of different homes. Here are a few examples:
- Frame houses – HO-3 and HO-5
- Manufactured homes
- Mobile homes
- Secondary and Seasonal homes
- Apartment or other homes you rent
- Homes you rent to others
The Foy Insurance Difference
You may think you want the least expensive home insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for when there is a loss.
While most insurance products are similar in price, insurance companies are very different when it comes to structuring a home policy that covers your home and belongings. The is never so true when tailoring a insurance policy for your home.
We live in your community. We protect people we know and care about, and that means we look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be affordable and responsive. It is important that our insurance carriers understand the insurance needs in our communities. We work with our carriers to offer insurance options that you can select for your particular needs along with coverages that are unique to our geographic area.
Click to start a instant home quote or complete the contact form and let the professionals at Foy Insurance help you protect the things you care about most in your home.